And Other Hebrew Words from the Website
- Waters (“lower and upper waters”):
- The Zohar (1:117a) predicted (two thousand years ago) the advances in civilization that would precipitate the state of affairs in our days and age. It states that in “the six-hundredth year of the sixth millennium” the “lower waters” of knowledge would burst forth throughout the world. The six-hundredth year of the sixth millennium corresponds roughly to the beginning of the scientific and industrial revolutions and the myriad of changes they have wrought in their wake.
The ascent of the “lower waters” is considered a prelude to the descent of the “upper waters” of Divine knowledge that will engulf the world and unite with the “lower waters” during the time of Mashiach.
- Will (Ratzon):
- “Will” is the spiritual state associated with the lowest of the three heads of Keter.
- For further explanation see: The Powers of the Soul–Ratzon.
- Wisdom (Chochmah):
- “Wisdom” is the second of the ten sefirot, and the first power of conscious intellect within Creation.
- For further explanation see: The Divine Emanations–Chochmah.
- World (Hebrew: olam):
- A “World” is a spiritual level of creation, representing a rung on the continuum of consciousness or awareness of G-d. In general, there are four worlds: Atzilut, Beriah, Yetzirah, and Asiyah. In particular, however, these four worlds originate from a fifth, higher world, Adam Kadmon. All ten sefirot and twelve partzufim are manifest in each world; however, since there is a one-to-one correspondence between the worlds and thesefirot, a particular sefirah dominates in each world.
For further explanation see: The Worlds of Abiya.
- The lowest of the three dimensions in which everything exists, as taught by the Ba’al Shem Tov. See Souls.